Writing quality and interesting content is a choice. You can choose to allocate the time needed to work on creating quality content and building a good brand. Or you can choose to take the easy way and write modest content, a choice that ends up costing you because it will only waste time and energy.
The choice for content marketers is obvious. To increase your SEO ranking, get traffic and leads, you need to create interesting and quality content for your blog or website.
When you write original content, search engines will help your site get more exposure. Google doesn’t like it and will penalize sites with duplicate content. On the other hand, Google wants to reward high quality sites that contain original content.
So engaging content not only makes your website better, it also increases your site’s ranking, which can have a very positive impact on your business.
#Characteristics of Quality Content
Before discussing how to create interesting content, you need to know the characteristics of quality articles. If your content meets all of these standards you are off to a good start.
1. Quality Content Easy to Find (Findable)
The content you write will be in vain if no one reads it. Therefore, your content should be easy to find in at least two ways:
- From within your site. When someone is already on your site, they should be able to find your latest and greatest content.
- From outside your site. This means through search engines. People who don’t know you or your website should be able to find content through a Google search.
The best way to be found by search engines is to match content with relevant keywords. Then optimize the content for these keywords.
2. Quality Content Can be Shared (Shareable)
There are two things that make content shareable:
- People want to share it. When people find really good content, they want to share it, at least include it on the Facebook timeline.
- Content is easy to share. Make it easy for people to share your content.
Here are some basics about shareable content:
- Start with something really good. Would you like to share it? If you’re embarrassed to tell your friends what you just posted, it mean s your content isn’t good enough.
- Allocate time for “framing.” This means headlines, images, and sections that appear on Facebook. The more people who see your headline and are interested, the more likely they will click and read. This maximizes their potential sharing it on their network.
- Use easy sharing tools. Use what you need to encourage readers to share your content.
3. Quality Content Easy to Read (Readable)
Readability is very important for text. Nice design and good writing related in it. From a design perspective, legible content means it’s not heavy on the eyes, so pay attention to the following factors:
- Text size
- Text and background color. For example, red on a black background is not a good idea.
- Column area. Too broad will lead the reader astray when moving back to the left margin
- Leading (the vertical distance between the lines is not too close).
4. Good Content Always Remember (Memorable)
Good content not only entertains you for 2 minutes and then goes out of your mind, but makes you revisit it, and recommend it to friends or colleagues. You can make the content more memorable by making sure to answer the question, “So what?” or by creating content that doesn’t just copy what other people have already said.
Whatever your reason for having a website, be it for business or personal hobbies, it is very important to run it properly. Now, we’ll share some tips for developing quality content.
First we need to look at what makes quality content. Here’s how to create engaging content for you:
As mentioned above, original content aligns with Google and your site’s visitors. Plagiarizing other people’s content will result in a penalty from Google that can take you back to square one. Learn more about writing content to increase site rankings.
Original also means originality. Your idea must be original. Using the same concept or post again and again is unoriginal. When your content is published, no one will link to it, and this goes against the purpose of writing the content in the first place.
A good headline arouses interest and invites readers. Consider the following statistics:
- 80 percent of people will read your headline
- But only 20 percent of those people will read your entire content.
This is what makes your headline as important as the article itself.
What is the ultimate goal of a search engine? Your answer is correct when you say “To provide a number of answers.” Google is good at this. Type a question into Google and you will be presented with links, images, and videos.
When people use search engines, what they want is answers, and it is the search engine’s job to provide answers. Similarly, when people read a blog post, view an infographic, or watch a video, they want answers to gain knowledge.
One important tip for you, people don’t just want answers, they want answers fast. So make your content easy to read so people can catch the important bits quickly.
Try reading the title or subtitle of a non-fiction book or article. Readers will be made to wonder or feel curious. It is the author’s job to provide answers and provide supporting information.
Tips for Writing Quality and Interesting Content
You write an article for a company blog, hundreds of people read it but it turns out that what you wrote is not accurate. You can imagine the negative impact on your company and your personal reputation. Remember, your blog is a reflection of your company. When something goes wrong with your blog, it has an impact on how people view your product.
Every statistic you display must be verified. Many blog posts will provide links to statistics and their sources.
Accuracy builds reader trust. Here are some tips in this regard:
- Consider who you are linking to. Is it a trusted and authoritative source? Providing links to quality websites will build more trust from your readers.
- Provide links to more content. The more you support what you write, the more trustworthy your content will become.
- Create links to other sources and content to help search engines know what your content is about, and how it should be categorized.
Writing quality and interesting content is not easy, but it will feel easier when you write something that you have a passion for. The great thing about content is that it is timeless. You can write something today and 3 years from now what you write will still be seen and shared by people, which brings traffic back to your site.